What we collect
We may collect the following information from you:
- Name and date of birth
- contact information including email address and geographical address
- demographic information such preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys, offers and/or market research
All personal information that you provide must be true, complete and accurate
When you use this website, we automatically collect and store information about your computer, browser or mobile device and your activities. This information could include;
- your computer or other device’s unique ID number
- your mobile device’s geographic location while you are using the website
- your IP address
- technical information about your computer and mobile device such as type of device, web browser or operating system
- your preferences and settings such as time zone and language
- how long you used the website and which services and features you used.
What we do with the information we collect
We may use your information to:
- manage your account and provide the goods and support you request
- understand your needs and provide you with a better service
- sell and display offers and advertisements that may be relevant to you.
- manage our internal record keeping.
- customise, measure and improve our products, content, advertising and services.
We do not share personal information with others except:
- when we inform you and you consent to having your personal information shared;
- to allow advertisers and advertising networks to collect information about your computer or mobile device, activities, and geographic location to enable them to display targeted advertisements to you;
- to respond to legal requirements (including under the Data Protection Act 1998 as amended, or its local equivalent) or protect a third party’s rights, property, or safety;
- to any service providers, sub-contractors and agents that we may appoint to perform functions on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions, including our payment providers and delivery agents.
We shall not transfer your personal data outside of the EEA without your prior consent.
When you provide your personal information to us, you expressly consent to receive promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
You can choose to no longer receive promotional emails and/or market research contact from us by notifying us at email@example.com
We shall therefore retain your personal data in our records for marketing and market research purposes until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive emails from us.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise that your personal information, or other interactions with the website or us will always remain secure.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for marketing purposes or market research purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for marketing purposes and/or market research purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to VinQuinn Ltd, The Old Tannery, Oakdene Road, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 6BT United Kingdom
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. You have the right to require VinQuinn to delete your personal data, and to do so you should write to or email us at the above address.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
The association with your shopping cart.
Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.
The items that you have in the Compare Products list.
Your preferred currency
An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.
An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
Stores the Customer Segment ID
A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
You sesssion ID on the server.
Allows guests to edit their orders.
The last category you visited.
The most recent product you have viewed.
Indicates whether a new message has been received.
Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.
A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.
Information on what polls you have voted on.
The items that you have recently compared.
Information on products you have emailed to friends.
The store view or language you have selected.
The products that you have recently viewed.
An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.
The number of items in your Wishlist.
We use Google Analytics to monitor traffic levels, search queries and visits to this website.
Google Analytics stores IP address anonymously on its servers in the US, and neither VinQuinn Ltd or Google associate your IP address with any personally identifiable information. These cookies enable Google to determine whether you are a return visitor to the site, and to track the pages that you visit during your session.